N52 2"x1"x1/2" Neodymium Rare Earth Block Magnets Plastic Coated
strong block magnets with Countersunk Holes # 8 Screws Plastic Coated (NB0240-52P-2#8)
Our new plastic-coated magnets are a new addition to our wide selection of magnets as the first waterproof and weatherproof neodymium magnet option that can survive in some of the most extreme environments! This magnet can be used in places that regular neodymium magnets wouldn’t survive, such as outdoors or in salt water. The plastic coating also gives this magnet the added benefit of greatly increasing the durability of the magnet by absorbing the shock that would otherwise break any normal neodymium magnet.
Another characteristic of the plastic coating is that the coating increases the distance between a magnet and a magnetic surface that the magnet will be sticking to. Due to this, the pull force of a plastic-coated magnet will be slightly weaker than a similarly sized neodymium magnet that only has a nickel or epoxy coating. Please take this into consideration when planning to use this magnet.
This powerful neodymium block magnet measures 2" in length, 1" in width, and 1/2" in thickness and is made of a grade N52 neodymium, iron, and boron magnetic alloy blend. This magnetic blend is patent licensed and made under the ISO 9001 quality control systems and are coated in a thick plastic coating that that offers exceptional water and damage resistance when used in wet or humid environments, and also has 2 countersunk holes that are spaced 1" apart for #8 screws on both sides of the magnet, so polarity does not need to be specified. This magnet is great for holding purposes such as holding objects to magnetic surfaces. Moreover, this magnet is versatile and robust; applications range from industrial use to personal projects.
Please note that all neodymium rare earth magnets are fragile and require extreme caution when handling due to their brittle nature and to avoid injury due to pinching.
- Material: Sintered NdFeB. Grade N52
- Gauss Rating: 14,400 Gauss
- Pulling Force: 80 lbs
- Pole Orientation: Magnetized through the thickness, the poles are on the 2 x 1" surfaces.
- Coating: Black Plastic
- Tolerance: Tolerances of all the dimensions are +/-0.002in with coating.
- All block magnets may chip and shatter, but if used correctly can last a lifetime.
- Keep block magnets away from pacemakers.
- Not for children, parental supervision required.
- If powerful block magnets become damaged please dispose of completely. Shards are still magnetized and if swallowed can inflict serious damage if magnets join inside the digestive tract.