N52 Block Magnet 2x1x1/2" Neodymium Block Magnet | Rare Earth Block Magnet w/ 2 #8 Countersunk Holes Plastic Coated
Our new plastic-coated magnets are a new addition to our wide selection of magnets as the first waterproof and weatherproof neodymium magnet option that can survive in some of the most extreme environments! This magnet can be used in places that regular neodymium magnets wouldn’t survive, such as outdoors or in salt water. The plastic coating also gives this magnet the added benefit of greatly increasing the durability of the magnet by absorbing the shock that would otherwise break any normal neodymium magnet.
Another characteristic of the plastic coating is that the coating increases the distance between a magnet and a magnetic surface that the magnet will be sticking to. Due to this, the pull force of a plastic-coated magnet will be slightly weaker than a similarly sized neodymium magnet that only has a nickel or epoxy coating. Please take this into consideration when planning to use this magnet.
This powerful neodymium block magnet measures 2" in length, 1" in width, and 1/2" in thickness and is made of a grade N52 neodymium, iron, and boron magnetic alloy blend under ISO 9001 quality control systems. This magnet is coated in a plastic coating that that offers exceptional water and damage resistance when used in wet or humid environments, and also has 2 countersunk holes that are spaced 1" apart for #8 screws on both sides of the magnet.
- Material: Sintered neodymium magnet, N52 rare earth magnet
- Remanence: 14,400 Gauss or 1.44 Tesla
- Pulling Force: 80 Lbs.
- Pole Orientation: Magnetized through the thickness, i.e. the N and S poles are on the 2 x 1" surfaces
- Coating: Black Plastic
- Tolerance: All +/-0.002" with coating
- Applications: This block magnet is great for industry applications and personal projects, like fish tank holding magnet
- All magnets may chip and shatter, but if used correctly this block magnet can last a lifetime
- Keep this block magnet away from pacemakers and children
- If this magnet is damaged please dispose of completely. Shards may be sharp and cut fingers