- I am buying large volume. Do I get volume discount?
- Which shipping method best suits my order?
- How Many Days does it Take for my Order to Arrive?
- What is Your Return Policy?
- How to Make a Return Request?
- Do you ship to my Location?
- How to Ship Magnets Safely?
- How to Ship Magnets by Air Safely?
1. I am buying large volumes. Do I get volume discount?
Yes! Most of our items have volume discount. Just add the quantity you want to the shopping cart, the volume price will show up automatically.
2. Which shipping method best suits my order?
Since magnets are a special commodity, choosing the proper shipping method is requisite for quick and safe delivery. The following are some things to consider when selecting the shipping method for your order:
- All magnets are fragile. Proper handling is very important during transportation.
- Magnetic fields may penetrate through the package and cause the magnet to attract to magnetic surfaces during delivery. This can cause the shipment to be damaged or lost.
- Larger magnets should be shipped with a more reliable carrier.
- Tracking capabilities and transit time.
- The cost to ship the package.
From our own experiences, we recommend UPS as the carrier in the following situations:
- If the order is for critical or important applications, please consider UPS as the carrier.
- When a single magnet is larger than 1”x 1” x 1” or 1” x 1” and the order consists of 2 pieces or more, please consider UPS as the carrier.
- When the order is to be delivered to an apartment or a neighborhood which has a higher package loss rate, please choose UPS as the carrier.
- When the total order value is over $60, please consider UPS as the carrier.
This recommendation only helps to improve your shopping experience with us. It is not a guarantee on the timely delivery of any carriers.
Since magnets are special commodities, please be notified that in some cases we may change the shipping courier from USPS to UPS in order to have your order delivered safely.
3. How Many Days does it Take for My Order to Arrive?
Number of Days to Arrive = Number of Days of Handling + Number of days in Transit
Number of Days of Handling includes the time it takes to process your order and is approximately 1-2 business days. UPS Next Day, 2nd Day and 3 Day orders will be shipped out on the same day if order is placed before 1:00 PM CST. Other orders will be shipped out the next business day.
Number of Days in Transit depends on the shipping carrier and method selected at checkout and begins when your package has been shipped from our facility.
4. What is Your Return Policy?
- New, undamaged items can be returned for a full refund if returned within 15 days. Buyer is responsible for return shipping.
- Incorrect or defective items must also be returned within 15 days for a full refund but return shipping costs will be covered by CMS Magnetics.
- Any returns after 15 days and up to 30 days will have a 15% restocking charge applied.
- NO returns accepted after 30 days since delivery.
To receive a full refund, please ensure that the returned items are undamaged and in their original condition. When packaging these returns, it is crucial to provide sufficient and sturdy stuffing material within the shipping box, around the magnets. This is to prevent damages or lost products during transportation since magnets can anchor to surrounding magnetic surfaces in the shipping truck or other equipment. Please refer to “FAQ 7 - How to Ship Magnets Safely”.
It is strongly recommended to use UPS or Fedex as the shipping method and claim enough insurance. CMS is not responsible for any shipping damages or losses that occur during the return shipment.
After we receive the returns, we will inspect the product conditions and provide the refund accordingly.
Refunds can be expected within four weeks of dropping off the package to the return shipper. However, in most cases, refunds are processed more quickly. This estimated four week time period includes the transit time for us to receive your return from the shipper (5 to 10 business days), the time it takes us to process your return once we receive it (3 to 5 business days), and the time it takes your bank to process our refund request (5 to 10 business days).
5. How to Make a Return Request?
1.) If you made the purchase with an online account, please log into your account and click the link Completed Orders on the left of the screen, and then click the button Return Item(s) in the center of the screen. Choose the reason of the return and click the button SUBMIT RETURN REQUEST.
2.) If you made the purchase anonymously, please Contact Us with your order number and details about the product you would like to return. We will respond quickly with instructions on how to return items in your order.
6. Do You Ship to My Location?
We ship to all 50 States, Canada, Mexico and some countries where the shipment can be safely made via UPS.
If the shopping cart during checkout states there is an error: no shipping method available to your location, please send us an email to [email protected]. Please include in your email your country, shipping address, and contents of your shipping cart.
7. How to Ship Magnets Safely?
To ensure safe shipping, magnets must be packed securely and positioned to the middle of the shipping box. During shipment, there are many different surfaces to which magnets can be attracted to, such as areas within the shipping truck or other handling equipment. If the magnetic products within the shipping box shift out of the center position, it can cause damage to the surrounding environment or to itself, as it strongly anchors to a surrounding magnetic surface. In order to avoid loss of products or damage, the basic method is to use light but stable material to wrap the magnets before placing them within the shipping box. This includes bubble wrapper, styrofoam, or wood boards, materials that will maintain their shape during transit. The stronger the magnet, the more substantial and thicker the wrapping needs to be.
8. How to Ship Magnets by Air Safely?
Magnets can potentially interfere with airplane navigation systems. Therefore, when shipping magnets by air, FAA regulations must be carefully adhered to. Most modern aircrafts are not influenced by magnetic fields, but there are still many earlier models of aircrafts that are affected by magnetic fields. Air transit via modern aircraft is not guaranteed so FAA regulations must be followed in the case that an older aircraft is utilized.
For products to follow FAA regulation, the Gauss rating of a parcel must be less than 0.0525 Gauss at a distance of 15 feet. This can be measured with a milligauss Meter which is readily available on the market. Obtaining one will be beneficial if frequent air shipment of magnets is anticipated.
It is highly recommended to follow the following guidelines for FAA regulation to be met.
- Line all six sides of the shipping box with sheet metal to seal in the magnetic field.
- Use light but sturdy material, such as bubble wrap, styrofoam, or wood boards, to stabilize the magnets within the shipping box
- The magnets should be placed in the middle, some distance from the surrounding sheet metal
Despite utilizing the above guideline, if the shipment exceeds 0.0525 Gauss at a distance of 15 feet, check to see if there are openings between the sheet metals. Overlap these gaps with additional sheet metals from within or perhaps add an additional layer of stuffing material and sheet metal outside of your packaging.