Portable Magnetic Pole Detector - North Pole and South Pole Identifier
This Pole Detector provides a handy and low cost solution for identifying a magnet polarity. It is a great item for kids' science project and personal projects.
To use this tool to identify the north and south poles of a permanent magnet, following the steps below.
- Move the pole detector to the side of the magnet which has the pole.
- Wait till the small magnet becomes stable.
- Red point to south pole and blue point to north pole.
This pole identifier is guaranteed to be 100% accurate. It can be used to test all the permanent magnets, including rare earth magnets such as neodymium magnets, SmCo magnets, AlNiCo magnets, Ceramic magnets. At home, you can test the poles of your refrigerator magnets, magnetic pushpins, the security sensors which made of magnets, etc.
- Pole detection of permanent magnets
- Test the strength of magnetic fields in a package
- Coil testing
- Post-magnetization polarity checks
- Electric motor assembly
- Installation of magnetic clamping blocks
- Error Analysis
- Multipole magnet quality control
- Pole detection of therapy magnets.
Product Data Sheets:
- Dimensions: Approx. 5" x 1.5"
3 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Works as advertised
This is a nice handy product. Works as it should. This is combination with the magnetic field viewing film allows me to really understand the magnetic fields surrounding a magnet.
If the pole detector blue magnet faces your magnet then it is the North (negative) or South seeking pole. If the red magnet faces your magnet then it is the South (positive) or North seeking pole. No batteries needed and it is a reasonable price. A must have to get the right polarity needed for your projects.