Disc Magnet Neodymium N52 7/8"x1/8" Rare Earth Disc Magnet
This Neodymium Disc Magnet measures 7/8" in diameter and 1/8" in thickness and is made of a grade N52 neodymium, iron, and boron magnetic alloy blend. This magnetic blend is patent licensed and made under the ISO 9001 quality systems. They are plated in a nickel-copper-nickel coating for a shiny corrosion-resistant finish. The North and South poles are on the flat sides. The pull force of this magnet is 10.2 lbs. This is a great item for use in personal projects as well as for crafts and closures and can also be used to help keep objects secured or fastened to any ferrous surface.
Here is some more technical information for this particular Neodymium Disc Magnet:
- Gauss Rating: 14,400 Gauss
- Pole Orientation: Axially magnetized, poles are on the two flat surfaces
- Coating: Ni+Cu+Ni 3 layer plated
- Tolerance: Manufacturing Tolerance + /- .002 % including coatings
This Neodymium Disc Magnet was created through a sintering process. Sintering is compacting and forming a mass of material (this case a alloy) with heat or pressure but keeping it from getting to the liquefaction stage then pressing it into the final magnet shape.
- QUALITY GUARANTEED: Made under ISO 9001 Quality Systems & Rare Earth Magnetics' Own Stringent QC Standards. Top Quality Best Price! 30 Days Money Back Guaranteed!
- MAGNETS COATED - Ni+Cu+Ni (nickel, copper and nickel )Triple Layer Coated. The Best Coating Available, which Provides a Shiny and Rust Resistant Protection for the Magnets.
- We have staffed with a team of experienced professionals in Rare Earth Neodymium Magnets and Magnetic Assemblies. As a provider of strategic supply, we have the unique capability to meet the requests of all of our customers.
- DIY PROJECTS & SCIENCE EXPERIMENTS - Refrigerator Magnets, Shower Door, Work or Office, Scientific Purposes, Arts and Crafts or School
Safety Warning: All magnets are fragile the same way a dish plate of the same thickness would be. These magnets especially the thinner ones should be treated the same way you would a thin dinner plate. Should one of these magnets break the edges are extremely sharp (like broken glass). Safety Warning: These neodymium magnets are not for children. They may break and cut severely. Children that may place things in their mouths should be kept away from these magnets. If taken into the mouth these neodymium magnets may pinch across internal organ membranes with deadly results.
About Neodymium Disc Magnets
A neodymium disc magnet is a permanent magnet. This means you cannot turn its magnetism off as in an electromagnet. The magnet strength will remain constant well beyond your grand children’s lifetime unless subjected to heat higher than 175 degrees F. * or constant wet rainy weather for more than about 6 months which may break up & corodes the physical magnet.
Neodymium disc magnets are used for many things such as:
- Homeowners for hanging seasonal speakers outdoors
- Teachers for hanging decorations for classrooms & even getting kids involved with physics
- Garage owners for hanging hand tools, bicycles, signs, bottle openers whiteboards...
- Home chefs Hanging grilling utensils
- Car owners keeping a glove box closed
- Purse owners keeping it closed
- Jewelry owners keeping it around your neck or wrist
- Magicians performing feats of magic
Neodymium, as sold on the market is actually an alloy consisting of the rare earth element neodymium, iron & Boron. The ratios of the mix are in part responsible for the strength differences of the magnets. You may see the element’s symbols Neodymium (Nd), Iron (Fe) & Boron (b).
The grade (think strength level) is based on the technical measurement of that strength and expressed as an ”N” for neodymium and a number (35-52). N52 is the strongest magnet and N35 in the neodymium world is the least strong. However, the least strong neodymium magnets are far stronger than the very common ceramic magnets.
Neodymium is a rare earth element. All Neodymium magnets are rare earth magnets but there are other types of magnets in the rare earth family. Neodymium is however the most popular & cost effective.
When it comes time to order more the Sku number on this magnet is Just to make it easier to find.
CMS Magnetics has warehouses Dallas, TX for fast shipping anywhere in the US. Our inventory is large & fast moving which allows us to keep low prices on our magnets for sale because of the numbers of magnets we sell.
Q & A
Question: I accidentally removed the plastic from in between a couple of the magnets. how do i separate them?
Answer: Slide one off the other
marylyn · November 27, 2017
Question: How can I tell which side to glue on?
Answer: Put them together and see which sides stick and repel. They are not marked though.
Christi · June 7, 2019
Question: The description of this item, in a couple places it says 80 pieces, in another place it says 100 pieces. Which is it?
Answer: The count is variable depending on the size option you choose.
Ronald W Tew · February 24, 2019
Question: The description is confusing (all 100 are "3mm" diameter?). what diameters and quantity are included?
Answer: I got 10, and all were this stated size.
smirkbot · December 31, 2018
Question: If I put 4 of these on a small wooden sign (11"x7") would it be able to hold it up?
Answer: I think so.
Christine · June 9, 2018
Question: Would these work on a shower curtain to keep it staying at the side of the tub?
Customers are chatting about this View conversation
Answer: If they are as strong as the neodymium magnets, then yes, I think it will. I have the tiny size for a magnet board and they are pretty strong.
smiley · May 26, 2019
Question: Would these work well for keeping a sliding pocket door closed? Which size would you recommend?
If you are asking these questions Disc Magnets can help!
How can I stick pictures on my wall
How to hang heavy mirror without nails
How do I temporarily stick 2 materials together
How can I hold temporary display sets
How can I hold temporary theater sets up for quick breakdown
Our Clients have used these for:
Sorting metal items from non
Hold things up
Hold things down
Hanging Art, scarves, jewelry, belts, Handbags and Jewelry
Organizing Office Supplies
Some Alternative Choices
|N42 Neodymium Disc Magnet 7/8"x1/2" Epoxy Coated Rare Earth Disc Magnet||Go|
|N42 Neodymium Disc Magnet 7/8"x3/8" LIQUIDATION- Rare Earth Disc Magnet||Go|
|N42 Neodymium Disc Magnet 4"x1" Rare Earth Magnet -LIQUIDATION||Go|
|N42 Neodymium Disc Magnet 5/16"x1/4" Rare Earth Disc Magnet||Go|
|N45 Neodymium Disc Magnet 3/16"x1/2" Rare Earth Disc Magnet||Go|
|N45 Neodymium Disc Magnet 4 mm x 1 mm Rare Earth Disc Magnet||Go|
|N45 Neodymium Disc Magnet 3/8"x1/16" Rare Earth Disc Magnet||Go|
|N45 Neodymium Disc Magnets 1"x1/16" Rare Earth Disc Magnet||Go|
|N52 Neodymium Disc Magnet 1/2"x1/8" Rare Earth Disc Magnet||Go|
|N42 Neodymium Disc Magnet 3/4"x3/8" Rare Earth Disc Magnet||Go|
|N42 Neodymium Disc Magnet 5/8"x1/8" with #6 Countersink||Go|
- All magnets may chip and shatter, but if used correctly can last a lifetime.
- Keep away from pacemakers.
- Not for children, parental supervision required.
- COMMERCIAL USE ONLY.
- If damaged please dispose of completely. Shards are still magnetized and if swallowed can inflict serious damage if magnets join inside the digestive tract