Ferrofluid 1 OZ Kit with 400 Gauss - Magnetic Field Exploration Set with Safety Tools
Learn more about magnetism with our Ferrofluid EFH1 kit. This set comes with 1 OZ of high-quality EFH1 ferrofluid, rated at 400 Gauss, along with essential tools for a safe and enlightening experience.
- Magnetic Interaction: EFH1 ferrofluid showcases striking patterns in magnetic fields.
- Comprehensive Kit: Includes magnets, a petri dish, pipette, and gloves for complete experimentation.
- Educational Value: Ideal for students, hobbyists, and anyone curious about magnetic phenomena.
Compatibility and Cleaning Tips:
- Material Interaction: EFH1 ferrofluid is metal-safe but may interact with certain plastics and rubbers. Avoid use with neoprene and conduct a compatibility test with other plastics.
- Cleaning Instructions: To clean ferrofluid, use acetone or heptane. For staining, try strong detergents like Dawn dishwashing liquid.
- Staining Precautions: Be cautious with porous surfaces, unfinished wood, and fabrics as the particles can cause permanent staining. It can also stain skin, typically taking days to wear off.
Safety and Handling:
- Stain-Prone: EFH1 ferrofluid can permanently stain various materials. Use provided gloves and handle in a non-porous, easy-to-clean area.
- Hazardous if Swallowed: Keep away from children and avoid ingestion or inhalation.
Videos Hide Videos Show Videos
I think this is a good "starter" kit for exploring the behavior of ferrofluid. The quantity is sufficient to allow a number of experiments at a reasonable price. Everything is as described. My order arrived on time and in perfect condition. I also made a number of displays for myself and friends which have been well received.
but it's a heck of a lot of fun! My son and I experimented with a few ... Reviewed in the United States on November 28, 2015 Verified Purchase This stuff is a mess, but it's a heck of a lot of fun! My son and I experimented with a few different suspension solutions to create a display. We spent a couple messing around and had a great time. His friends were duly impressed with the fluid's reactions to magnetic fields and he donated the best one to his teacher. (5th grade) It doesn't take a whole bottle of the fluid in a solution to create a cool display. Just don't get it on anything. It stains like you wouldn't believe