This listing includes a top quality sintered SmCo magnet which is made of Sm2Co17 grade 26 material. This magnet is 1/2 inch square 1/4" thick and magnetized through 1/4" so the N and S poles are on the 1/2x1/2" surfaces. This magnet is close to neodymium magnet in strength and have a 7.8 lb holding force each.
Just as the neodymium magnets, SmCo magnets are also known as rare earth magnets and exhibit a much stronger holding power than ceramic and AlNiCo magnets, but present a much higher temperature stability than neodymium magnets so it's normally used in the tooling or oil industry where high temperature is present. This particular grade can be used in 608 Fahrenheit or 320 degree centigrade environment.
Generally speaking, SmCo magnets are more fragile than neodymium magnets. There is no coating for this magnet. The following is the magnetic characteristics of this magnet,
- Material: Sintered SmCo magnetic material, Grade 26
- Magnetic Characteristics: Br: 10.4 kGs, Hcb: 9.8 kOe, Hcj: 10.6 kOe, (BH)max: 26 MGOe
- Holding Power: 7.8 LBS each
- Pole Orientation: Magnetized through 1/4", i.e. the north and south poles are on the 1/2x1/2" surfaces
- Tolerance: 1/2 +/-0.004" x 1/2 +/-0.004" x 1/4" +/-0.004"
- Maximum Normal Operating Temperature: 608 degree F or 320 degree C
CMS Magnetics provides the best quality SmCo magnets for USA industries for years. All of our products are made via state of the art technology. All the magnets are made of highly purified raw material under ISO 9001 quality systems.
Should you need different grade or size of SmCo magnets, we may custom make for you per your requirements