N52 Disc Magnets Dia 1x1/2" Neodymium Disc Magnets w/ #10 Countersunk Hole Rare Earth Disc Magnets
This is a very common size neodymium disc magnet in the industry since very beginning and the added countersunk hole made it even more popular as a handyman type of magnet now since it becomes much easier to be fixed onto a Pre-drywall or onto a piece of wood. A great item in garage or machine shop for holding and fishing purchases. This magnet is amazingly powerful for its size and has innumerable uses.
- Material: Sintered NdFeB rare earth magnet. Grade N52
- Remanence: 14,400 Gauss or 1.44 Tesla
- Pulling Force: 53 LBS
- Pole Orientation: Axially magnetized, i.e. the poles are on the two flat surfaces
- Coating: Ni+Cu+Ni 3 layer coated, the best coating available
- Tolerances: All +/-0.002" with coating
- Application: Our Neodymium magnets are commonly used in creative applications such as prototyping, theater design, furniture making, exhibition displays crafts and packaging
- All magnets may chip and shatter, but if used correctly they can last forever
- Keep away from pacemakers
- Not for children, parental supervision required
- If damaged please dispose of completely. Shards are still magnetized and if swallowed can inflict serious damage if magnets join inside the digestive tract
- COMMERCIAL USE ONLY
CMS Magnetics offers the highest quality Neodymium Disc Magnets with consistent performance and lowest price.
- TOP PRECISION: Exact Size Measurement Make Them Perfect For Even The Most Critical Applications.
- It is Coated with Ni+Cu+Ni Triple Layer Coating, nickel, copper and nickel to give superior corrosion resistance and provide a smooth and clean finish like stainless steel.
- The magnets are a whopping 10x Stronger than the strongest ceramic magnet.
- So many uses for these disc magnets: DIY projects, improve your home, RVs, boats, Science Fairs, Labs,
- PERMANENT STRENGTH: Neodymium is a kind of rare earth metal, it's suitable for making permanent & powerful magnets. This magnet has permanent magnetism, it will be the same powerful even decades after.
Questions and Answers:
Do these magnets stick to magnetic paint? Yup! The thicker the better though
Question: can I glue these at the back of pictures? Answer: this is a good idea！！！ Alexa · November 25, 2018
Question: will they work to increase thickness of another magnet? Answer: I do not see why not? 2 of these guys together are pretty strong Branch Cunningham
Has anyone used to keep a patio curtain in place? I do it at home under my pergola. Works well
Question: Do they rust on a shower liner? Neodymium Breaks down if in a constant wet state over time but if it doesn’t get too wet where you place it all of the time you should be ok Mike · May 12, 2028
About Disc Magnets in General
Disc magnets are one of our most popular products. These round flat miracles of science come in a large variety of strengths and sizes. Our N35, N45, N50, & N52 disc Magnets are at the top of the heap. Our disc magnets range in size from ⅛ - over 3 inches in diameter. Come in several options in coatings which all physically protect your magnet from damage & rusting:
- Triple layer nickel-copper-nickel
- Epoxy coated that helps prevent scratching
- Hard plastic covering that also protects the magnet from damage in many vivid colors
These marvels of engineering seem to defy physics with their shocking strength. Neodymium, first put to use as magnets in the early 1980s neodymium has been tweaked & improved constantly to give you the newest & strongest version, N52. This is the strongest grade that is currently available commercially. There are a few batches here and there that go to N53 usually by accident. The technology today does not allow the neodymium of higher than N52 to be repeatedly and reliably produced but they are getting there.
In many applications a lesser strength neodymium magnet is the preferred way to go. Just order the lesser strengths N35 - N45 or even N50.
The grade (think strength level) is based on the technical measurement of that strength and expressed as an ”N” for neodymium and a number (35-52). N52 is the strongest magnet so far and N35 in the neodymium world is the least strong. However, the least strong neodymium magnets are far stronger than the very common ceramic magnets.
Call our non commission customer service & they can get you to the right magnets for your projects.
About Neodymium From Which These Disc Magnets Are Crafted
China is the main source of the processed neodymium alloy that we all enjoy as the finished marvels of science, neodymium disc magnets. Neodymium is the WORLD'S STRONGEST MAGNET, bar none! The Rare earth family of magnets comprise basically 2 types of magnets. Neodymium magnets are the strongest and most popular of the 2 types of rare earth magnets. Neodymium is a rare earth element. They are amazingly powerful for their size and have innumerable uses. These 1 X 1/2" Neodymium Disc magnets produce an astonishing pull strength of and every magnet has a triple coating of nickel, copper and nickel again to prevent against corrosion. This Large Super strong rare earth disc magnet was created through a sintering process. Sintering is compacting and forming a mass of material (this case an alloy) with heat or pressure but keeping it from getting to the liquefaction stage then pressing it into the final magnet shape.
Neodymium magnets are seemingly physics defying as they are 10x stronger than the strongest ceramic magnets! Unlike most other types of magnets, Neodymium is highly resistant to demagnetization and will not lose their magnetization around other magnets or if dropped.
- PLEASE NOTE:
- All magnets may chip and shatter, but if used correctly can last a lifetime.
- Keep away from pacemakers.
- Not for children, parental supervision required.
- If damaged please dispose of completely. Shards are still magnetized and if swallowed can inflict serious damage if magnets join inside the digestive tract.
Other DetailsThis product is covered by 10 year warranty on the magnetic strength under normal usage. Used in the environment which has high temperature and virbation will void this warranty. The product should not be used in the outdoor or high humid or salty environment except extra insulation measurement is taken.
1 Review Hide Reviews Show Reviews
This magnet is powerful. very nice and reasonably priced. Almost 30% lower than other sellers. Will buy again!