This product measures 1/2" in diameter and 1/8" in thickness and is made of a grade N52 neodymium, iron, and boron magnetic alloy blend. This magnetic blend is patent licensed and made under the ISO 9001 quality systems. This magnet has a triple layer Nickel-Copper-Nickel coating that is the industry standard due to its exceptional abrasion and rust resistance.
A specially designed stainless steel covers this magnet which protects it from being over tightened during installation and also protects it from breaking if an object slams into the magnet. Due to their enhanced durability, these magnets are great for high use applications that require a strong magnet and dependable performance.
Their pull force is slightly lower than a typical 1/2” x 1/8” magnet because of the added thickness of the stainless-steel shell, but due to it being nonmagnetic doesn’t dampen the pull force of the neodymium magnet.
The North and South poles are on the flat sides. The pull force of this magnet is 4 lbs. This magnet also features a #6 countersunk hole for a flathead screw. This is a great item for use in personal projects as well as for crafts and closures and can also be used to help keep objects secured or fastened to any ferrous surface.
- Material: Sintered NdFeB. Grade N52
- Gauss Rating: 14,400 Gauss
- Pulling Force: 4 lb
- Pole Orientation: Axially magnetized, the poles are on the flat surfaces.
- Coating: Ni+Cu+Ni triple layer plated, the best coating available
- Tolerance: The tolerances of all the dimensions are +/-0.002in with coating.
- All magnets may chip and shatter, but if used correctly can last a lifetime.
- Keep away from pacemakers.
- Not for children, parental supervision required.
- For child safety reasons, this magnet is for COMMERCIAL USE ONLY.
- If damaged please dispose of completely. Shards are still magnetized and if swallowed can inflict serious damage if magnets join inside the digestive tract.
Other DetailsThis product is covered by 10 year warranty on the magnetic strength under normal usage. Used in the environment which has high temperature and virbation will void this warranty. The product should not be used in the outdoor or high humid or salty environment except extra insulation measurement is taken.
2 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
Actually, with the addition of the stainless steel cover, the magnets are a bit larger than 1/2" in diameter. As a result, they are too large to fit a 1/2" countersunk hole should your application require this. Otherwise, strong and perfectly fine magnets.
These magnets are exactly what I needed and the stainless covering is a perfect way to mount them without worrying about shattering. Depending on your needs the stainless can be buffed to a high shine for a really high end look, I did this and placed a felt disc over the disc, helps with preventing scratches and ads to the look of my finished product,,, I You need em,get em once you do you will find so many uses for these top quality magnets