Neodymium Disc Magnet N42 Dia 3/4x1/8" with #8 Countersunk on N or S
This neodymium disc magnet with #8 countersunk measures 5/8"x1/8" thickness and is made of a grade N42 neodymium, iron, and boron magnetic neodymium alloy under ISO 9001 quality systems. They are plated in a nickel-copper-nickel coating for a shiny corrosion-resistant finish.
- Material: Sintered neodymium magnet, Grade N42 rare earth magnet
- Remanence: 13,200 Gauss or 1.32 Tesla
- Pulling Force: 8.4 Lbs.
- Pole Orientation: Axially magnetized, i.e. the N and S poles are on the flat surfaces
- Coating: Ni+Cu+Ni triple layer coated, the best coating available
- Tolerance: All +/-0.002" with coating
- Applications: This neodymium disc magnet is a great magnetic fastener for fabrications and other industries. It is also good for personal projects, kids science projects and crafts.
- All magnets may chip and shatter, but if used correctly they can last a lifetime
- Keep away from pacemakers and children
- Not for children under 10 years old, parental supervision is required if older children use the magnets
- Please seek medical assistance if this magnet is swallowed by children or animals
- If damaged please dispose of completely since the magnet may be sharp and cut fingers
About Related Neodymium Disc Magnets,
A neodymium disc magnet is a permanent magnet. This means you cannot turn its magnetism off as in an electromagnet. The magnet strength will remain constant well beyond your grand children’s lifetime unless subjected to heat higher than 175 degrees F. * or constant wet rainy weather for more than about 6 months which may break up & corodes the physical magnet.
Neodymium disc magnets are used for many things such as:
- Homeowners for hanging seasonal speakers outdoors
- Teachers for hanging decorations for classrooms & even getting kids involved with physics
- Garage owners for hanging hand tools, bicycles, signs, bottle openers whiteboards...
- Home chefs Hanging grilling utensils
- Car owners keeping a glove box closed
- Purse owners keeping it closed
- Jewelry owners keeping it around your neck or wrist
- Magicians performing feats of magic
Neodymium, as sold on the market is actually an alloy consisting of the rare earth element neodymium, iron & Boron. The ratios of the mix are in part responsible for the strength differences of the magnets. You may see the element’s symbols Neodymium (Nd), Iron (Fe) & Boron (b).
The grade (think strength level) is based on the technical measurement of that strength and expressed as an ”N” for neodymium and a number (35-52). N52 is the strongest magnet and N35 in the neodymium world is the least strong. However, the least strong neodymium magnets are far stronger than the very common ceramic magnets.
Neodymium is a rare earth element. All Neodymium magnets are rare earth magnets but there are other types of magnets in the rare earth family. Neodymium is however the most popular & cost effective.
When it comes time to order more the Sku number on this magnet is Just to make it easier to find.
CMS Magnetics has warehouses Dallas, TX for fast shipping anywhere in the US. Our inventory is large & fast moving which allows us to keep low prices on our magnets for sale because of the numbers of magnets we sell.
Q & A
Question: I accidentally removed the plastic from in between a couple of the magnets. how do i separate them?
Answer: Slide one off the other
marylyn · November 27, 2017
Question: How can I tell which side to glue on?
Answer: Put them together and see which sides stick and repel. They are not marked though.
Christi · June 7, 2019
Question: The description of this item, in a couple places it says 80 pieces, in another place it says 100 pieces. Which is it?
Answer: The count is variable depending on the size option you choose.
Ronald W Tew · February 24, 2019
Question: The description is confusing (all 100 are "3mm" diameter?). what diameters and quantity are included?
Answer: I got 10, and all were this stated size.
smirkbot · December 31, 2018
Question: If I put 4 of these on a small wooden sign (11"x7") would it be able to hold it up?
Answer: I think so.
Christine · June 9, 2018
Question: Would these work on a shower curtain to keep it staying at the side of the tub?
Customers are chatting about this View conversation
Answer: If they are as strong as the neodymium magnets, then yes, I think it will. I have the tiny size for a magnet board and they are pretty strong.
smiley · May 26, 2019
Question: Would these work well for keeping a sliding pocket door closed? Which size would you recommend?
Our Clients have used these for:
Sorting metal items from non
Hold things up
Hold things down
Hanging Art, scarves, jewelry, belts, Handbags and Jewelry
Organizing Office Supplies
Other DetailsThis product is covered by 10 year warranty on the magnetic strength under normal usage. Used in the environment which has high temperature and virbation will void this warranty. The product should not be used in the outdoor or high humid or salty environment except extra insulation measurement is taken.
4 Reviews Hide Reviews Show Reviews
These magnets are awesome. One does need to learn how to use them because they are VERY magnetic. It would be nice if you enclosed extra plastic separaters. I now know more about magnets that I ever thought I would. Don't get three stuck together!
Just what we needed for our application.
We go through hundreds of these and they work great.
Be careful when handling them, they are very strong. Have found similar products elsewhere, but they don't compare with the pricing from CMS Magnetics.
It's a magnet! You get 5 stars because I came here to buy some magnets and you sold me some magnets and they look just like the picture so good job!
Careful when handling them they come with a spacer between the magnets and if you remove that and they snap back together it can pinch you pretty good.